Residents evacuated in Germantown Apartment Building

News July 25, 2012 0 Comments

Residents of Copley Manor Apartments were forced to evacuate after a 5,000 volt transformer short circuited on Tuesday night.


By Sue Ann Rybak

A 5,000-volt transformer short circuited in the basement of Copley Manor Apartments, 121-123 Tulpehocken St., late Tuesday night, causing the residents to be evacuated.

A dozen residents were evacuated to Germantown High School, 40 E. High Street.

However, the majority of residents had somewhere else to go.

PECO restored power to the apartment building just before 4 a.m. on Wednesday and residents were allowed to return home.

This article was updated at 11:16 a.m. on Thursday by Sue Ann Rybak.

Want to support the Local? Join the Chestnut Hill Community Association. Membership helps fund what we do. Join today.